Wednesday 24 October 2018

On the list, in the queue

More unremarkable days of routine maintenance, waiting for medical appointments, or the promise of one. Monday was enlivened by a phone call from Doreen, the assistant curate in Malaga, bringing me up to date on things there. Tuesday afternoon I went into town and added some more photos to my 400+ album of photos taken around the Central Square development area over the past three and a half years.

Number two Central Square, opposite the station main entrance is now occupied by law firm High James and a ground floor Pret a Manger outlet. The much more of the open area between the new buildings and the station is now paved and clear of safety barriers, but not all. It's good to get a glimpse of what it will look like on completion, however. There are more construction site offices and storage units on the Bus Station site next door, but still no sign of work starting of sinking piles or erecting the steel skeleton for the future building.

Wednesday morning I went to the Eucharist at St Catherine's. I called in at my GP surgery on the way to thank the receptionists for booking me directly for a hypertension medication review without the usual prerequisite of a blood test, given that I've had three in the past month. They seemed both surprised and grateful. It seems they are more used to being on the receiving end of complaints.

Ashley suggested that I chase up the MRI scan booking to see where I am in the queue before I get any kind of acknowledgement that I'm in the queuing system, so I rang the hospital booking desk and managed to establish that my name is in their queue, even though I've not yet received a letter in the mail. I stated that I'd be willing to take a cancelled appointment at any time or place, since I'm relatively mobile. I don't know if that will make any difference. I can but hope.

This evening, Film Four aired a movie based on John Le Carre's book 'A Most Wanted Man'. I read it about ten years ago, so it was good to see a film interpretation. It ends in tragic betrayal of innocent trust, as is often in case in the world of secrets the author criticises.
  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment