Saturday 2 February 2019

Dozy days

Clare went off to the University School of Optometry yesterday morning for another session where her eye condition will be examined by students under supervision. I had enough energy to get outdoors in the cold to take advantage of a bright day with my Alpha 68 camera, for a walk around Thompson's Park, across Llandaff Fields, and the down to the river Taff. It was a delightful hour and a half's trek in the snow - there was just enough covering the grass to walk in comfortably, and feel it crunch underfoot. I got back in time to cook a meal, but had a snack lunch, as Clare wasn't back yet, so we didn't eat what I'd cooked until the evening. My photos are here.

Although today was cold and bright the snow didn't last long. Clare went early to the gym and I had a long lie-in. We talked about going out somewhere all day but couldn't summon the enthusiasm to do so. My wound condition has improved in the past few days, with less inflammation and discomfort most of the time. I still need to sleep an extra couple of hours a day, sometimes with a siesta as well as a lie-in, and hope this contributes to an eventual full recovery.

In the evening, Clare continued translating updated sections of the 'babies' book she's working on, while I watched a missed double episode of 'Silent Witness' on iPlayer, and read a few pages of the Gabriel Garcia Marquez novel Kath sent me at bed-time. I get the story outline, but Latin American literary Spanish style makes fuller comprehension hard work. Making use of Google Translate and a modest dictionary isn't really adequate, but persistence reveals the colour and style of the narrative, slowly. It isn't long before I drop off to sleep, however!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment