Saturday 23 February 2019

Another match day in town

Friday was routine and uneventful, a clinic visit, a walk, more whiling away hours streaming 'Walter Presents' crimmies. I've had a couple of photos from Martin, from his hospital bed, before and after the removal of life support tubes, smiling in both, but a bigger grin in the latter. Out of bed walking a little, and if progress is sustained, home after the weekend.

Saturday afternoon Clare was working away at German translation, so I walked out with my Sony Alpha 68 to Blackweir, for more early spring photos through Bute Park and home again. Wales were playing England in the Principality Stadium, and as I was making my way back from Blackweir at a quarter to five, I could her the sound of massed voices a mile away singing the two national anthems before the game.

I don't normally watch sport, but on this occasion, after arriving home and having a cup of tea, I did switch on the telly, and watched three quarters of what turned out to be a marvellous exciting game, which Wales won. Cardiff city centre will be a very happy place, full of inebriated souls tonight!

BBC Four showed the second double episode of 'Trapped' at nine and I watched with interest, as the slow moving plot line unfolds with ominous twists and turns. Again, as was first said about the Welsh crimmie 'Y Gwyllt' the landscape (in this case Icelandic) is as much a star as the actors.







No comments:

Post a Comment