Friday 31 May 2019

Good offer

Before lunch today I went to the wound clinic for my second appointment of the week. The nurse remarked on the progress made since she last saw me two weeks ago, and we agreed it would be OK to go without a dressing, just a light protective covering to ensure it gets an airing, as long as this is convenient and manageable. This is good news although there won't be any major change until the remaining Seton's suture is removed, to make complete closure possible. 

It's now four weeks since the MRI scan, which was promised to be 'available' three weeks after processing. I have no idea when I will be summoned for my next meeting with the surgeon, and the hospital appointments system has not improved since the utter chaos of the last round. However, it was a lot more distressing when I was getting worse last autumn and not getting better, like now.

Clare and I went into town together shopping for shoes in the late afternoon. She got she wanted in one store, then we went looking for the Ecco shoe shop, relocated recently in the St David's Grand Arcade. It was only when I took my sandals off to try on a new pair that I discovered a huge crack in the left heel, and a piece threatening to break off. Just in time! It's three years and two weeks since I last bought sandals, and I have worn that pair fairly continuously for eight months each year, without becoming uncomfortable. This is indeed impressive durability in consumer footware. The shop had a special offer on two pairs for forty percent off, so Clare took advantage of this, and we both returned home pleased after our little expedition.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment