Tuesday 15 October 2019

A new adventure

Last night I finally made myself sit down and try to write a story. Only rarely now do I write poetry. My output is mainly in the form of correspondence, sermons, eulogies and this blog. I feel, however, that I could derive even more pleasure if I tried my hand at creative story-telling, but where to start. My first effort was about writer's block. It was all I could think of, faced with a blank page and no ideas of how to start. It needed more editing this morning until I was pleased with it, and that led to writing a short story about childhood influences which shaped my path in life. The initial outline draft came to me easily, but it needs working on to complete.

In the afternoon, I walked to a street at the Leckwith end of the Parish for a bereavement visit, It was sunny when I left, but an unexpected downpour started when I was over half way there. After the visit it didn't rain again, so I went for  longer walk and called in at Canton Rectory to welcome Frances our new Team Rector to be, and apologise for not being at her induction next Tuesday, as we'll be down in the Gower in a bungalow at Oxwich starting our fortnight's much needed holiday.

Then it was back to writing again after supper, to complete my second story. I'm enjoying this, though I have no idea whar anyone will think of my efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment