Wednesday 30 October 2019

Weather bound

More high winds today, and colder. We walked as far as the hotel and back to the shop. It's called 'The Dunes Gift Shop and Eatery, and it's open this half term week to cater for holidaymakers out of what remains of stocks at the end of season. Then it closes until next Easter. The snack bar side of the shop is open and doing reasonable trade, hot drinks, freshly cooked fish and chips. Clare had a decaf coffee, Lavazza, freshly brewed, I had an ice cream. 

Rain was threatened so we returned for lunch, just in time to welcome the two cheery women who look after the holiday bungalows, bringing us fresh towels. The also hoovered the carpets and cleaned the bathroom. All while we ate lunch.

The rain arrived late and we spent much of the day indoors, keeping warm. Clare is now afflicted with the same cold as I am recovering from. I spent several hours writing more of my latest story. More ideas about the characters keep coming to me. It's grown from short story into short novel. Two dozen pages - a surprise to me!

There was a limit to how much I could write as sitting for very long periods over the past few days has started giving me trouble with the wound opening and not drying out and closing as it has slowly doing. It's a worry, being away from home and the clinic. 

Early bed again this evening after watching an episode of Inspector Poirot on ITV3.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment