Monday 23 December 2019

O Emmanuel

After breakfast we made an early start for home, as we were expecting the cleaners after lunch and there were errands to be done, to get ready for our Christmas festivities in Kenilworth. Clare drove back, as I was having difficulty waking up after a second long night's sleep. Another journey made without us needing to stop, which is unusual for us. Tomorrow night will be the challenge, as we'll be driving up to Kenilworth after I celebrate the Christmas Vigil Mass at St Dyfrig and Samson at the conveniently early hour of 7.00pm.

In the afternoon, I went into town and bought Clare's Christmas present. I went into the Santander branch to check our bank account and withdraw some money. The ATM user interface was quite different from ones I habitually use, and this may well have led me to a lapse of concentration, as I walked away from the machine without taking my bank card. Thankfully, one of the staff kindly asked a technician to retrieve it for me, and in five minutes I was reunited with it. I don't think I have ever done that before, but then I may well have been half asleep for much of the day. I felt better for  walk home in the dark through Bute Park.

Clare was out shopping when I got back so I had the place to myself to wrap her gifts before she arrived. After supper, I made a start on a sermon for tomorrow night, but for once, it didn't come easy. I'll have time to finish it tomorrow, once I've packed and got ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment