Tuesday 17 December 2019

O Sapientia

I didn't go to bed late, but had the idle thought that I should try out Google's dictation software app before turning in. I had an idea for another short story about the night of the St Paul's Riots to try out, and experimented with the dictation software. It was interesting to see how accurate it could be if it really understood my particular pronunciation or turn of phrase, and how inaccurate if it didn't. As I'm unused to composing and dictating at the same time, so it wasn't that satisfactory, so I corrected and saved the text, and carried on writing at a far healthier pace. 

An hour later I'd written a thousand words and stayed up far too late. This meant that I started today a good two hours earlier than usual. I'd arranged to meet Rufus for mid morning coffee, but he arrived earlier than expected, and being unable to find me a Cafe Castan, he came around the house to look for me at ten, and I was still in the bathroom! So instead of going out for coffee, we sat at the kitchen table and discussed his forthcoming move to work in Ludlow Team Ministry. Rural Ministry will be for him something new and interestingly different. It's great to see him so full of enthusiasm for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment