Sunday 5 January 2020

Epiphany Sunday

I celebrated an Epiphany Eucharist at St Dyfrig and St Samson's at nine this morning, then again at ten thirty at St Paul's Grangetown. I had forgotten that the latter on a first Sunday has children from the Sunday school attending the service, and had to ad lib a suitable sermon. As it was the second of the day, this came much easier than feared, and enjoyed the interaction. Actually the adults are as responsive when questions are asked, as the kids.

The weather was good enough for a nice long walk after lunch, nearly nine miles, as far as Llandaff North bridge and back. Then, a long session of editing and writing this short story turning into a full length novel. My wound hasn't gone away, but it's far less tender now so I can sit for several hours to write without my concentration being ruined by discomfort. The trouble is, I continue past bed time and end up losing half the morning in recovery. Going with the flow has consequences unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment