Sunday 11 July 2021

A sports free day

After breakfast this morning Owain returned to Bristol was we set off for church. Clare and I were on sidesperson's and reader's duty, at St Catherine's. It was a bit awkward as I was scheduled to preach while Fr Rhys celebrated. Anyway, I read the first lesson and also the Gospel before the sermon. Rather too much of me, as it wasn't properly thought out in advance. I sat in choir and wore my choir robes. One choir member was away so I was allowed to sing under the covid safety rules, which made a change.
I had a siesta after lunch, then went for a walk around the Fields in light drizzle. A small flock of about thirty starlings were feeding on grass mown last week, along with a pair of goldfinches, and I got some photos of them.
After supper I avoided the emotional stress of tbe Euro soccer final on telly, and read for an hour until my eyes got tired. Then I watched an interesting documentary about the conferences between wartime leaders which seaked the fate of nations and borders while fighting continued. Not the most admirable of proceedings on the part of the most powerful of free world leaders.
Then a documentary about the search for extra terrestrial life through 50 years of TV archive footage. Very interesting to watch the doyen of astronomical TV presenters go from being young middle aged to very old, but still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment