Tuesday 5 April 2022

No let up

A fair night's sleep, and I'm beginning to feel more like my normal self, though not entirely. It seems that for some people even when the virus has been defeated by the immune system, it leaves its calling card, an unusual symptom that comes and goes. I'm going to leave the lateral flow test to the end of today. Opinion states that a week after being infected, the risk of you still spreading infection is much lower, and that after ten days, no matter what your test states (provided that you have avoided others, and the outside chance of re-infection) you no longer need to quarantine and can resume normal duties. Thankfully, this brings me up to the day before Palm Sunday, for which I am booked at St German's. Still, it would be a relief to have negative tests again.

Clare had her osteo appointment this morning, and I cooked lunch ready for her return. She'll still be in pain, but the painful debilitating pressure on the vagus nerve starts to ease once the injury is worked on by someone who really knows how.

I did some more editing work on the Good Friday service, then sent a copy to Mother Frances to check if she thought it fitted the bill. She's pleased with it, so I can go ahead now and organise it with Monica the organist and Andrew. a little later, Mother Francis rang to say Father Rhys has just tested covid positive/ She was wondering if I could cover for him next Sunday, but I explained I was already booked. What a nightmare for her. I do hope she will be able to find a stand-in.

For a second day the Urdd rugby tournament continues in Pontcanna Fields, in cold and windy weather. It was nice to hear bi-lingual announcements from a youthful voice appealing to participants to ensure their rubbish went in the bins provided. It's all very nicely organised. The Goosander colony further down stream from the rugby pitches now seems to be settling in, not visiting. I counted half a dozen birds, two older larger ones parked on rocks, the other four practicing their formation swimming.

President Zelensky has addressed the UN Security Council and shocked members, showing video of the trail of human carnage left by retreating Russian troops. Denounced as fake by Russia's representative of course. He's calling for Russia's expulsion from the UN Security Council. Not sure how that could be done. How do you get around the veto power of China and Russia, two of the permanent five members of the Security Council? A change in constitution or standing orders or what? These are serious times and as Zelensky right says - the Council might as well dissolve itself if it cannot stop Russia now, as it is proving how useless and impotent it is in the face of real crisis. 

Well, it's bed time, and I've tested positive for covid, and not surprised. Getting rid of a runny nose takes a long time with me when a cold or 'flu is passing. My sinuses aren't swollen but just slightly sensitive, as they are from a dose of house dust or pollen. Impossible to know what's happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment