Friday 10 June 2022

Re-booked, relaxed

I woke up to sunshine, but the catarrh flow continues. The sore throat is almost gone and the thick head is subsiding. It's been a long congested week of feeling poorly.

Before lunch I walked for an hour around the park, and after lunch fell asleep in the chair for an hour.
Then, recorded and edited the rest of next week's Corpus Christi Morning Prayer, then made the slide video and uploaded it.

A trip into town later, in search of the Photography exhibition by final year students of the University of South Wales, being held in the now vacant store once occupied by Zara. It was meant to start today, but when I arrived, a team was still putting the finishing touches to the 'popup gallery', so maybe it was meant to open this evening? A wasted journey after a long wait for a bus.

Fiddling with my phone to find a bus timetable, I came across a Vueling ad, which prompted me to think about getting on with changing my outbound flight to Malaga. The Tuesday one I thought was full showed just one seat left. Then the bus arrived, so I resolved to check again when I got home. 

After supper, I checked the site again and there was still one seat going. It took me a while to figure out how to change the booking, and I had to pay fifty quid to do so, but it was easier than I feared. Now I can worry less, even if there are delays or a cancellation, I have five days to arrive by any other means. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

We watched the first in the nature series 'Iolo on Anglesey' on catch up, as we were late getting to the telly after supper. It was wonderful, with footage of Marsh Harriers flying a food relay - the male carrying fresh prey and dropping it for the female to catch in the air to take it to the nest. He also showed a pair of adders going through their mating ritual, and a stoat running along a railway track. All in a half hour programme.

Then I went to bed early and watched this week's Usedom-Krimi on my Chromebook, as Clare wanted to watch something else on telly. With her sight slowly failing, watching anything with subtitles is becoming too much of an effort to relax and watch. Tonight's episode an unusual multi faceted family drama. Very good value, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment