Thursday 30 June 2022

Getting ready to go

Up early, posting the link to today's Morning Prayer video, then after breakfast I walked to the surgery to hand in my prescription renewal form on the way to St John's for the Eucharist with nine others. After the customary post-service cup of coffee, I went to the Post Office to see if I could still get in International Drivers Permit, and was pleased to find that this counter facility was still offered. Although I thought there was a passport sized photo in my wallet there wasn't, so I had to go home and find one - there were still four left in my study desk drawer from the last time I obtained one in February 2000. 

Clare was still out, shopping in town, so I went back to the Post Office and got the permit straightaway. Then I cooked lunch in good time for Clare's return, and felt pleased with myself for starting the next stage of preparations for my Costa de Sol assignment. It's two weeks since I applied for my GHIC card. I wonder if it will arrive before I leave? Tomorrow morning I have the first of my two Safeguarding training sessions on Zoom. Then I must book myself some travel insurance.

While Clare had a siesta after lunch, I recorded and edited the audio for next week's Morning Prayer and Reflection. Then we went out for a walk in the park together. It started with a mishap. We reached the end of the street and I noticed that one of the lenses from Clare's sunglasses was missing. Moments before she realised something was wrong and took the sunglasses off and then put them back on without realising that the lens (a plain dark one) was missing until I pointed it out. We searched the pavement and went back into the house to look but to no avail. When she went to return them to their case, there she found the lens!

After supper, I binge watched several episodes of 'Coroner', which has several interesting story threads running through it across episodes as well as cases within episodes. The acting isn't noteworthy and much of the dialogue is mumbled. Set in Canada, the accents are different from those of the average US movie, a little closer to British discourse, but unfortunately this doesn't make for clarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment