Thursday 23 June 2022

Closure

I woke up at half past six but fell asleep again until half past eight this morning, when I posed today's link to Morning Prayer on WhatsApp. After breakfast I left early for church to shop for food bank items on my way to St John's for the Eucharist, together with nine others. 

Ashley and I arranged to meet following a appointment of his at St David's hospital. We met and walked to the Saffron Cafe at Canton Cross, where he had a very late breakfast after a fasting blood test, and I had a cup of coffee. It's the first time I've been in there. It was quite busy, but the lady in charge was very welcoming, and it didn't take long for Ashley to get served, so we had three quarters of an hour together to talk about finally clearing the CBS office, now the business is wound up and the place must be vacated. Then I returned home for lunch.

To my surprise, considering that I had a a full night's sleep, I slept for another hour in the chair after doing my DuoLingo Spanish exercise of the day. I suppose I must need the extra sleep to make up for nights when my sleep is more broken. Then, a walk around Llandaff Fields before supper. 

Later in the evening, after I'd finished and printed my service sheet for tomorrow's funeral, we watched 'The African Queen', that classic movie from 1951 with Humphrey Bogart and Katharine Hepburn. I recalled from when I saw it in my teens that it was a drama set in colonial Africa, but had forgotten that it was essentially a romantic comedy adventure. Very much a period piece, but entertaining all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment