Thursday, 6 August 2026

Wedding day recalled

Sunshine and clouds carried by the west wind when I woke up clear headed but not well rested from an average night of disturbed sleep. The effect of the medication yet again ruined my day with drowsiness and a light headedness which makes me feel faint and unsteady, though I never come close to passing out.

Sad not to be able to attend the Eucharist today. I was going to watch the Mass live streamed from St David's Cathedral, but dozed off in my drugged condition, got distracted when I woke up, and started cooking lunch instead.

On two occasions in the afternoon, I walked a circuit of Llandaff Fields in an effort to clear my head with little success, but it was reassuring to see the grass reviving thanks to rain showers over the past few days.

Sixty years married today - so many stories, so much to remember and cherish. Kath phoned on her way to work, and we had a lovely video greeting from Veronica and a phone call from Marc and Fran. I exchanged messages with Amanda and Frank Dall as well. His daughter Tania is getting married this autumn. He's afflicted with a disabling spinal condition, but is looking forward to walking her down the aisle.

We spent a quiet evening together pondering on our wedding. Very few people are left who were guests, Frank being one of them. our dear late friend David Barker took black and white photos which are among our cherished treasures. I started to write a poem about how Clare and I met. Hopefully by the time we have our anniversary lunch on Sunday it'll be worth reading aloud to our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment