Friday 31 May 2013

Getting ahead of myself

I went into town early this morning for the CBS Steering Group meeting. It was less well attended than the previous meetings, but it provided a useful opportunity for the exchange of information. It dawned on me during the meeting that there was work I needed to get done before I go off to Spain in ten days time, to prepare for the first Board of Management meeting in July, since I'll be in Nerja for three of the next five weeks. It meant drafting the agenda, a schedule of member declarations, and standing orders for adoption that fit with the draft constitution. It's vital that this meeting is prepared well.

I'm glad of the experience I had of running church councils, school governing bodies, and being a trustee of St Teilo Arts in its early years. The complexities of the procedure for managing a business are not all that different. It's a case of adapting to a new situation and funnily enough it comes much easier now than it did when I was younger. Amazing what a little hindsight and perspective can do.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment