Tuesday 14 March 2017

Lucky x-ray date

I rose at eight this morning to phone the GP surgery for a 'book on the day' appointment, to tell the story about my need for a knee x-ray to Dr Benjamin. I walked to the surgery, and after a brief conversation and inspection, came away with an appointment request, and a telephone number to call. Within minutes of phoning the appointments booking desk, I was given an appointment in Llandough mid-afternoon, fortunately free due to a cancellation. 

I was in and out of the hospital just three quarters of an hour, and this meant I could return home for a cup of tea before walking across the parish to make a bereavement visit, to prepare for a funeral next Monday. It'll be a week before the x-ray results reach my GP. Whatever the outcome, my knee joint has improved noticeably since yesterday. 

Walking through the parish today I picked up eighteen pieces of litter. It's only a fraction of what's there to pick up. Paper, cigarette cartons and paper cup get trodden flat and sodden in gutters. That sort of mess call for gloves and tongs, it's messy business, so I focus on removing things people could stumble over, and hope it won't be too long before the street sweeping machines do the rounds again.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment