Monday 22 June 2020

Quarantine Cymru - day Six

A pleasantly cool night up in my attic room, waking up to clouds and warm sunshine. After prayers and breakfast, I started work on next Sunday's sermon.  Plenty of ideas, concentrating them into a reasonable length homily will take up most of the time I need to spend on it.

I continue to walk my 5k daily quota indoors and in the garden. I find the constraint very frustrating with lots of twists and turns not doing my joints much good, although much stair climbing makes up for that. It's a challenge to maintain the discipline.

Before Clare went for her daily walk she helped me take a wound swab sample for our GP to send for pathogen testing, and then took it around to the surgery after her walk. The wound seems to have dried and closed even more recently. Clare noticed the difference since she took a photo last Friday for a GP to examine. Sitting without a good cushion for long periods is still uncomfortable, but less so, which is encouraging, since it's highly probable that I'll have to wait an even longer time for that final round of surgery. The easier it is to live with the better. 

An email arrived this afternoon from a member of Ibiza's consular staff, inviting me to an on-line meeting to discuss if the Consulate could could assist or support the Chaplaincy in any way. Very good to think that they are taking an interest. The news that I have returned to Britain hasn't yet registered there. I forwarded it to churchwardens Jayne and Rosi to respond to, surprised that the message hadn't been copied to them. I wonder if the Consulate might help find a venue for worship which doesn't need to be shared with other congregations, as this would make it so much easier to arrange services under the essential new regime of anti-virus precautions.

Later in the day, I switched to transcribing our 1967 Greek travel diary. It's intriguing to read about what we did and recover detail from rather hazy recollections of events fifty three years ago, and fascinating how a sketchy handwritten narrative is able to conjure up emotional memories attached to places.

No comments:

Post a Comment