Monday 1 June 2020

State of Alarm - day Seventy Four

A cloudy windy day again, with a few spots of rain, but not too humid thankfully. My last day of antibiotics too, with a small amount of improvement. I'm just about back to where I was a week ago in terms of swelling. I wonder if I will need more anti-biotics and a blood test. Another visit to the doctor's in Sant Antoni is something I need to arrange.

Sarah drove over with a ready cooked oxtail stew, mashed potatoes and apricot crumble to share with Anthony and me this lunchtime. It was a delicious meal, and good to sit and talk at table again, only the second time since lock-down began. It left me quite tired, and needing an hour's siesta.

After an evening walk, I had a good chat with our Vicar Emma, a fellow fistula sufferer. She had a series of infections, and it was interesting to hear her account of outbreaks of infection occurring at a time when she was under severe stress. This entirely corresponds to my experience. 

Clearly I need to take extra precautions to avoid or minimise stress from now on. Ironic really, after a life working so often under stress, even needing a degree of stress to achieve things I had to do but didn't relish. How to defend myself against the uncertainties of waiting until my sixth booked flight home, and the uncertainties of travel itself, is what I have to work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment