Thursday 4 June 2020

State of Alarm - day Seventy Eight

Cooler today, thought humid, clouds and wind, rumbles of thunder and a sudden cloudburst in the afternoon. Such a contrast to the clear skies of the past few days.

Rosie came by in the morning to collect the chaplaincy mobile phone for SIM upgrading, and brought bags of freshly picked apricots for Anthony and I.

With Anthony's help, recording the Isaiah passage for Sunday, and Clare recording another, I had all the components of the Trinity Sunday 1662 Communion service to edit and complete the job a lot earlier than usual. I'm not sure why, but my workflow seems to have improved this past few weeks despite encroaching illness.

I cooked lunch for the two of us - fish, ratatouille and spaghetti. Afterwards, I collected the water containers for a refill run to St Josep, but after the cloudburst I decided not to go, and went for a walk instead, enjoying the fresh scent of the countryside after rain. After a couple of kilometers, I turned back, having left without carrying a phone. Not a good idea. It didn't rain properly again, but enough raindrops fell for an hour or so to give the impression that it was about to start again, so I did my lock-down circuit walk around the house instead, so I could quickly dash for shelter.

I found it had quite a calming effect walking the same uneventful predictable path over and over again. Heaven knows I need that, as the shadow of anxiety lurks behind the slightest discomfort. The swelling is still there close ot the wound but not painful. Tomorrow I'll rendezvous with Jane at the Urgencias in Sant Antoni, and have a doctor check it out. I may need more antibiotics.

No comments:

Post a Comment