Friday 23 October 2020

Payback time

Wales's regional lock-down started this evening, not that it makes as much difference to us as will the even stricter self-isolation I'll have to endure for two weeks before the operation (if it happens). We're well prepared, thanks to Clare's superb household management skills. Even so, there were a few things which I needed, plus some extra fruit, which took me out twice on shopping errands today.

After my first outing to the shops, I called in to the GP surgery for a blood pressure check. It was very high when I arrived as I'd been walking briskly, but soon settled down to just above normal. This is a great relief. Slowly, I believe I'm shaking of the chronic stress I have lived with, and am getting closer to finding a level of supplementary Doxazosin dosage that doesn't leave me feeling light headed and faint for much of the day. Clare's herb teas, foot massages and Reiki have all made a difference too. I've not taken my own blood pressure for months because the abnormally high level was worrying me too much, and probably helping to make things worse. 

Emma has asked me to do another week's worth of reflections to publish daily on the Parish Facebook page in a month's time. So nice to be asked again.

I did an hour's work on the novel before cooking lunch. I wish I could put in several hours a day, but if I sit for too long this has dire consequences for my wound which tends to break open, no matter what I do to avoid this happening. It's tiring, standing up to write for the length of time I need to, if I'm to make progress in finishing the job, and there are only a few places where I can perch a computer at a suitably ergonomic height to make it easy to type. Two days ago I spent an hour cutting up crab apples prior to cooking them. I expected my wrist to give me trouble yesterday, but surprisingly it didn't. After working at the computer using a mouse today, it was payback time. Now my left wrist hurts, no matter what I rub into it. Serves me right for overdoing it I suppose. I'll stop here for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment