Monday 26 October 2020

Getting ready to isolate again

Another sunny day, after much rain in the night, despite forecasts of more rain today. I succeeded in getting out of the house to walk for an hour and a half before lunch. As it's half-term as well as lock-down, the parks are busy with parents and children. I saw two women of  a certain age, out with a lively spaniel sit down with their coffees on a park bench with a huge rain puddle next to it. The dog ran up to them, straight through the puddle, soaking them before attempting to climb over them with wet muddy paws in search of attention. They laughed, as much out of exasperation as anything. I don't know which is more trying, let loose in the open air after home confinement, children or dogs.

We took a look at the official self quarantine instructions from The Spire hospital. In effect, the same as those on the standard hospital sheet, a one size fits all prescription. Keep it simple stupid, I suppose. It's complete confinement to the house and complete separation for Clare and I for over next fortnight in spite of living in a bio-secure domestic bubble with no household visitors since Diana and Pete sat in our garden for tea over a month ago. In the end, getting the op requires  testing negative for covid-19 three days before, getting no other infection and keeping fit and well enough to survive the op. An obstacle course by any other name.

We watched another amazing episode of the art detective series 'Fake or Fortune? on Telly, then I did a little work on my novel before turning in. I'm beginning to feel as if I'm on the final stretch at last. Can I complete it before the op, and get it ready for detail and error checking, before the final edit? 


No comments:

Post a Comment