Tuesday 28 December 2021

Bank Holiday #2

Another damp overcast day but only a few showers. I had a revised funeral attendees list emailed to me this morning in the form of a JPEG rather than a text file. I tried using the Windows10 Optical Character Recognition app, which can extract texts from photos of documents straightforwardly, but makes a poor job of copying tabular formats. I captured an editable text file, from which I had to rebuild the spreadsheet accurately in order to print it in a was that will be easy for Eileen, the St John's caretaker to read when she ticks of people arriving. That's another hour of my life I'll never get back. The city centre was according to Kath quite crowded with shoppers. I'm glad I decided to work instead.

Kath and Clare went into town at the end of the morning, Kath for a look around, Clare to visit John Lewis to see if a refund was possible on a pair of very posh headphones she bought for me without realizing that Rhiannon had also bought a set for me. Then she went off to have her hair done by Chris, and Kath drove over to Rumney to collect her when she was finished. Meanwhile I worked on a reflection for Epiphany Day when I am doing Morning Prayer, and on a sermon for this coming Sunday, while I had time for this. After a snack lunch I went for a walk around the park, and although I wasn't feeling all that energetic, it turned out that I was walking at a sustained pace ten percent faster than I have done for years. Strange, and I don't think my fit-bit is misreading.

Clare cooked me turkey soup for supper, and Kath drove to Llantrisant to see her friend Mandy overnight. We then listened to a double album of Chick Corea improvising on solo piano before a live audience for an hour and a half. What a music genius he was!

No comments:

Post a Comment