Wednesday 8 December 2021

Ministry Area change ahead

I drove to St German's this morning and had fun celebrating the school 'Class Mass'. Fr Stewart, the Roath Ministry Area Leader emailed while I was there to ask about my availability for duties there in the New Year when St German's is merged into the Roath Ministry Area. He said he'd need to be at St German's two Sundays a month. I said I'd be happy to cover the other two during the transitional period. This would free me either to attend St Catherine's or help out in the Parish. Next term the 'Class Mass' will move to a Tuesday mornings so that Fr Stewart and take his share of the celebrations. That's also good for me, as it will allow me to attend or minister at St Catherine's midweek, something I've not been able to to since last summer. From my viewpoint and hopefully for Fr Stewart, it's a win-win situation.

After a cup of coffee and a chat, I returned home and collected this week's veggie bag while Clare cooked a prawn stir fry for lunch, earlier than usual as she had an afternoon optometry appointment, leading to the need to order a new expensive pair of specs to optimise her failing eyesight for as long as it lasts. After she'd left, I recorded the audio for next week's Morning Prayer, and I wrote the biblical reflection to go with it before walking in the park. Again a cold wind  blew and it threatened to rain, but didn't until I was nearly home, just at sunset. 

After supper I prepared for tomorrow's funeral, and then watched another couple of 'Crossing Lines' episodes. I think the series script writing and characterisation has developed a lot since early on, probing deep within the stereotypical characters, giving them plausible and often tragic stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment