Tuesday 31 October 2023

Home grown clerics

Another rainy night, but a dry cloudy day with no rain until darkness fell. After breakfast I finished and uploaded next week's video slideshow, then started work on the Armistice Day Morning Prayer recording and video, as I'm covering for Pearlin who's gone to India for a couple of weeks to see her mother.

Fr Dyfrig sent the Canton locum rota for December, but with no information about Christmas services. It's yet to be finalised, apparently. I heard from Linda in la Cala de Mijas that Fr William, having completed his NSM curacy in Málaga has now been designated Resident Locum for the Costa del Sol East Chaplaincy. I imagine that when a new Chaplain is appointed he will become NSM Curate. As William lives in Mijas, having a home grown voluntary priest is a great asset. Just as we do here in Canton with Fr Rhys. It's a sign of how the church is evolving in changing times.

Clare went to the Eye Hospital after an early lunch and I cooked myself pasta, then completed the second video and then went into town to take my favourite jacket to Slater's Menswear where I bought it, to get the lining repaired. It's the only shop I now which has a team of seamstresses on-site to do alterations and repairs to its own stock. The lining in both armpits has been torn when putting the jacket on by the buttons on my ancient Casio watch, which died on me earlier this year. My Fitbit watch has no sharp edges or protruding buttons, so hopefully this won't happen in future.

I walked  the long way through Bute Park, and it was dark by the time I arrived home. After supper, I read four more chapters of Diana's novel, then another chapter of 'Battle for Spain' before turning in for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment