Friday 26 January 2024

More progress

Another long night's sleep, in bed for nine and a half hours and away for just over an hour in fits and starts as befits a time of recovery. A mild day again with sunny blue skies, but I didn't get around to enjoying it until after lunch.

After breakfast I completed, recorded and edited next week's reflection and recorded a second five minute  talk I wrote for Basma about the Jewish origin of the Eucharist. Clare cooked a fish risotto for lunch. Very nourishing winter fare.Then I went out for a long slowish walk in the park, and returned as it was getting dark having reached my usual daily step quota. That's pleasing, a week after the op. I don't feel yet that I can push myself, but returning home without dragging aching feet and feeling tired is a blessing. 

While I was subjected to the series of five operations to deal with the anal infection, I walked daily but that low level infection in my body made exercise hard work and often my feet ached miserably while I walked. Pain from the open wound was much less of a burden to cope with during exercise. It's different now thank God.

After supper I recorded next week's Morning Prayer and edited it together with the day's reflection ready to be made into a video. Pleased with my day's work. Then I browsed Walter Presents to find if there was something new to watch, and found a second series of a Finnish crimmie called Arctic Circle in a mix of Finnish, Russian and English. It's about cross-border crime and the Russian mafia. It definitely dates from before Putin's war on Ukraine, back to pre-covid times.

In today's news the UN International Court of Justice has ruled that South Africa's genocide allegation levelled at Israel over its treatment of Palestinians in Gaza requires an investigation and a formal response. The court formally calls upon Israel take all measures in its power to prevent genocidal acts in its military action in ways that don't deny the population its right to live in peace and safety. Twenty eight thousand people have been killed in Gaza, over half of them women and children. 

The Israeli military claims to have exercised due diligence informing the population that it had to flee to safety every time war was about to be waged in a new zone, but with cold indifference about whether or not people in the way could act in response to the command. The difference between theory and practice here is the difference between doing good and doing evil. What Hamas has done is evil and unjustifiable and demands a response, but people too young and innocent of any responsibility are being punished collectively. The world sees this but the Israeli leadership doesn't. There's none so blind as those who refuse to see how they are destroying their own just cause.



No comments:

Post a Comment