Rain again in the night, but the sun shone through parting clouds by the time I got up after a fair night's sleep. My head was clear and my senses sharp to start with, but the meds had their usual toxic effect which I will never get used to. At the Eucharist at St Catherine's with nine others, I found it hard to concentrate and engage. Over coffee afterwards Sue noticed and asked me if I was all right. I had to admit I was in a drugged stupor, hearing everything but finding it hard to engage and respond.
Afterwards, I went across the road to the GP surgery for the phlebotomist to take blood for testing after last week's failed attempt to extract any from me. OK this time. I cooked rice with prawns and veg for lunch, then walked to Parkwood clinic for an acupuncture appointment. It was certainly effective. I felt as if an invisible wrapping had been removed from me, restoring my senses and sensitivity, although my head still wasn't clear. I walked home in a tired way, without a spring in my step, but feeling better nevertheless.
After supper, I walked up and down Llandaff Fields and got caught in a shower of light rain. It was quite a pleasant experience. Then we watched a documentary about the scandal of PCB pollution and high level cover up of the ever present danger of carcinogenic chemicals dumped by Monsanto Chemicals in the soil at different sites around the country, including a couple of sites in the South Wales valleys. It was presented by actor Michael Sheen, who got to know whistleblower Douglas Gowan before his death and filmed an interview with him. Very disturbing watching.
I put my fiitbit on charge before getting ready for bed and discovered when I came to check it had chared it had died..
No comments:
Post a Comment