Saturday 9 October 2021

Autumn Fayre at St Catherine's

A Saturday lie-in and pancake breakfast, final editing and printout of tomorrow's sermon, then cooking the lunch, and then it was time to take some jars of home made jam to the Parish Fayre in the grounds of St Catherine's. There was a super turn out of stalls and we came away with jars of chutney, a marrow and half a dozen big green apples which may or many not be cookers. I also found a new looking case for a DSLR camera on the bric a brac stall and bought it, just what I need for my Olympus which has been in a cramped case in which the HX300 usually lives since purchase.

As we walked home laden with stuff, crowds of people, mainly young families it seemed, were heading down King's Road to the church. It's the first outdoor church event of its kind since before lock-down and the attraction of something different yet familiar wasn't being taken for granted. I suspect we'll do well.

I went for an hour's walk in the park, and tried editing a video I'd made with no success, perhaps because I had disposed of some temporary files during a system clean up without realising. Backup of video editing files to One Drive stopped working officially last year. It's now necessary to make a backup on the device, or you won't be able to return to a recent video composition and change it. To effect the change I needed to make, I had to load the already rendered MP4 video into an old version of Movie Maker on my desktop workstation, and then remember how to make a one second cut in the audio and video stream to remove a tiny but noticeable error. It was tricky, but it worked eventually. I started the job before supper and went on with it for an hour afterwards. Then I checked out the substitute laptop I'm taking to my sister when I go to see her tomorrow, and watched another old episode of 'The Repair Shop' with Clare before heading for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment