Saturday 23 October 2021

Vital irrigation

I didn't sleep well and woke up feeling under the weather, so Clare and Ann went off to Minehead on the train without me. It was only later in the morning I realised that the last time I felt like this was when I'd not drunk enough water, and set about drinking a litre and a half before lunch. After a walk, I felt normal again. 

Clare and Ann returned on the first afternoon train and went for their scheduled swim,  I went out to the mineral line path to see if I could get a sequence of photos of the last train of the day crossing the railway bridge over the path, using burst mode on my HX50. This camera will take a batch of ten photos at a low or high rate, one or three seconds, then it pauses to off-load them to memory. Getting the timing of the first shot right to obtain the desired sequence is something I need more practice to perfect. 

Transferring them to Google Photos at the moment is impossible as the in-house wifi has slowed down substantially. Either others are hogging bandwidth by streaming, or there a slowdown at the infrastructure level. Simple browsing and emailing are about all that's possible.

We went out to the 'The Cat's Whiskers' again for another tapas supper. I think we've tried all the menu variables now. I'm not used to all this eating out.

No comments:

Post a Comment