Friday 26 April 2024

Restaurant Inspection

Another day of clouds and sunshine with a return of cooling wind from the west, signifying a turn in the weather, possibly rain tomorrow? I got up and made breakfast, after a fair night's sleep: not really as much as I needed, yet again.  Later in the morning, I went out on my own for some exercise, walking up to top of the hill above the big building where the view is so spectacular up and down the coast. On the way, I saw and heard a parrot calling from one of the taller roadside trees, looking for a mate? An invasive specials, they are to be found all along the coastal strip, especially in holiday resorts. I wonder if this is true inland and higher up also? While I was out, Clare cooked for Ann and I, chicken pieces to accompany a salad for lunch. Delicious!

John called in at tea time on his way back from the airport, to hand over the Chaplain's mobile and mail box key. Then we drove down to Playa Vilches, parked the car and walked east on the Senda Litoral, after the  girls had checked out the beach restaurant menu. The Mirador de Guilches restaurant where Kath and I had lunch, was the next eaterie whose menu they inspected, and then we walked to the recently opened Mesonera de Nerja to investigate their new menu, before turning around, and returning for a drink at the Playa Vilches restaurant before driving back up to the house. 

In Aldi's yesterday Clare bought trout fillets enough for the three of us, and cooked them for supper with roasted courgettes, while I did the rice and steamed carrots. Another delicious protein rich meal, which I was pleased to eat, as my exercise routine, fifty per cent of which is climbing steep hills, is making extra demands on my body. It's certainly doing me good. My over stretched quad thigh muscles have tightened to an extent I never imaged they would again after previous injuries, and this has benefitted my walking gait and back. It's just important I keep it up day after day.

I needed to walk some more after supper, I took the rubbish to the recycling zone at the bottom of Tamango Hill, and watched the clouds in the sky change colour as the sun was setting on the slow tired plod back uphill. I found Clare being industrious in the kitchen again, figuring out how to make vegan pancake batter accurately without the benefit of a measuring jug. I don't think Ann and I were all that when it came to estimating the right weight and volume, We'll see how it turned out the morning. After all, it's Saturday again tomorrow! But before, that a wholesome longer sleep, hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment