Wednesday 17 April 2024

Farewell day for Kath

A hazy start to the day persisting with thin high clouds later but no wind. Again, we breakfasted on the terrace enjoying the mild weather. Kath kindly stripped her bed, we put the linen through the washing machine and hung it out to dry. Once her bags were pached, we walked down to the Mirador de Güilches restaurant across the road from Tamango Hill, and had lunch there at a table overlooking the sea and Playa Vilches below us. Grilled Lubina for Kath, sardinas for me.

We walked slowly back up the hill after we'd eaten, loaded the car and headed for Nerja. I found the route to the large car park on open waste land that sits below the main road, a steep climb back up to street level, but still convenient for the estación de autobuses. On our way there we passed a phone shop and went in to enquire about a Spanish data SIM for my phone. With Kath's help and both of us using Spanish, I bought a month's worth of data on a physical SIM and had it added to my phone. This gives me the security of connectivity I need in and out of the house. It's a relief.

At €10 a month it's a quarter of the cost of EE data roaming for the same period. It's symptomatic of how some businesses are profiteering from brexit changes and sabotaging their own future. Even loyal customers resent being exploited. I haven't changed mobile provider in 23 years, but will be looking into it when I return home.

We arrived at the bus stop at four twenty five, in time for an earlier coach to Málaga and the driver was happy to take Kath, so we parted company, and she had a two hour wait for her very late return flight back to Brum, not getting home until well after midnight. I did some shopping in Mercadona before driving back to the hous and cooking supper. I ended the day with a walk down to the main road and along the path to the not-yet-open-for-the-season Mesonera restaurant overlooking Nerja whose lights 2km away twinkle against the dark sky. And then return, and bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment