Tuesday 1 October 2024

Creative spurt

Cold and cloudy again today. After breakfast, Clare went to her study group, this week in Penarth. I had a conversation about spirituality with a neighbour over coffee at Lufkin in Thompson's Park, then returned to cook lunch, a little later than usual, so it wasn't ready when Clare arrived home. While she was having a siesta, I started work on another Morning Prayer and reflection, this time for the week we're in Tenby on holiday. By the time I went out for a walk at five, the whole thing was written and recorded.

While I was out in the park, I started having ideas for a haiku about the spiritual journey described by Sta Teresa de Avila in the canticle 'Iremos de noche ...' and stopped to make a note of it. Then I had an idea for another, and another. All of these I finished later at home. These little creative spurts come as a surprise, but are welcome for the pleasure they give when I make the effort.

Three Haiku for the solo voyager

Held in love’s presence / is enough any moment / when fear is aroused.

Venturing by night / Searching for the source of life / thirst alone our guide.

Sightless unknowing / if this is darkness or light / driven by longing.

After supper, the last episode of series four of 'Grace' to round off the day. As I predicted from the story line, the protagonist is left with the care of an eight year old son he's never met, and hasn't yet appeared in the series. So a series five is to be expected in due course. Ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment