Wednesday 16 March 2011

Lenten fare

I went to St Paul's Pontyclun this morning to deliver the first in a series of five Lenten addresses at their midweek Eucharist. The journey out along the road from Llandaff through Miskin was most enjoyable, with spring blossom in the trees and daffodils along the grass verges. The weather was fine, and got me off to a good start.

I had an attentive congregation of over two dozen, plus Grace Karamura the Vicar, who celebrated. I decided when first asked in November last to do a series on the biblical Exodus stories. I started work on them when I returned from Canada in January, and the whole came together quite quickly after two months of mulling over. 

Each address needs some attention beforehand, but this gets me interested in the material once more, so that the experience of preaching them is enjoyable. I was delighted to discover that the Parish bible study group has only just completed a study of the Joseph saga, and will be continuing with Exodus during Lent. The group leaders were enthusiastic about this prospect, and that makes it all the more a challenge to do well.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment