Sunday 20 March 2011

Spring weekend

Clare spent yesterday at a jewellery workshop down the Bay. I went into town for a wander around the shops. Ashely phoned me with a query, and I was near enough to the office to pop in and interrogate the records there rather than wait until I returned home. The place was deserted, but I had my pass keys to get in to the deserted building. The only trouble was, I could not remember the key pad code to the locked office door. Having tried all the combinations I could think of, I felt a real fool standing there waiting for Ashley to call me back with the number. Fortunately it was only a few minutes. I should write these things down somewhere in a secret place I guess. There are so many passswords and codes to memorise today, and it's hardly a fun game, but more like a trip hazard where you least need one to be.

In the evening we watched the penultimate pair of episodes of the Danish detective TV film 'The Killing'. Despite being so long drawn out, it has certainly maintained its suspense and kept us speculating about what happens next. I imagine there'll be even more surprising twists in the final episodes next week. The portrayal of detective work Danish style is interesting enough, but the portrayal of the impact of a murder on the victim's family, and on many others connected to her is remarkable, in addition to the political plot weaving its own dark thread of iniquity throughout.

I had a return visit to Tongwynlais Parish this morning to celebrate and preach at St Michael's and St James' Taff's Well. It was a lovely sunny morning, with even more Spring flowers and blossom to brighten the spirits. I preached about Abraham uprooting himself from Harran and becoming a nomad in Canaan in his later life, and was pleased this evoked a positive response from several elderly members of both congregations. 

As the sun is now setting that much later, Clare and I went for a walk right around Llandaff Fields and Bute Park at the very end of the afternoon, to enjoy the sea of daffodils, and little pools of hyacinths and primroses here and there. It was closing time when we'd reached the southern perimeter wall of the Castle grounds, a little too early really, given the lighter evenings, as evidenced by the number of people still cycling and walking through the park. Next Sunday the clocks go forward, so I imagine there'll be a change of closing schedule thereafter.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment