Tuesday 5 April 2011

Change in the air

Ages ago, St John's women's Tuesday Group invited me to tell them about our Canada trip, so I spent some time making a selection of the almost a thousand pictures I took to talk about, and went along this afternoon. I borrowed the office laptop to display the photos, not having access any longer to a projector and screen, and being unable to find the box to carry our nice flat screen telly into church to show them on. Fortunately the laptop is large enough, and has a high resolution screen, so was just about adequate for a group of nine.

Naturally enough, talk before and after was about the recent visit of their new Vicar Liz Griffiths. As I expected, they expressed their fascination and delight at the prospect of this 'first' in the nine hundred year history of the church. The women of the Tuesday Group are mostly of the generation that first showed what ordinary women could achieve with education, permission and an opportunity to contribute to shaping today's world.

After the meeting I spent a couple of hours in the office before attending my Tai Chi class on the way home, on a splendid early evening with Spring in the air. It left me feeling more refreshed than tired, for which I'm thankful.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment