Saturday 9 April 2011

Taff Trail triumph

It's been such a beautiful day today, warm and clear blue skies again. Clare was inspired to go to the RHS show over in Cooper's Field and look for more plants to enhance the back garden. Once I'd got my sermon sorted for tomorrow, I decided to get my bike out and go for a ride up the Taff Trail. Amazingly, although this was my first outing on wheels since last autumn, I found it far less tiring than I'd anticipated. On my last ride up the Trail, I made it as far as Nantgarw before needing to turn back. This time I made it all the way to Pontypridd, about twelve and a half miles from home. 

After tea and a custard slice in The Prince's venerable continental style tea room, I went up to the famous stone arch bridge to take photos. Then, to commence the return journey I rode though Ynysangharad War Memorial Park to see the bronze sculptures commemorating father and son Evan James and James James responsible for composing 'Mae hen wlad fy nhadau', the Welsh national anthem. You'll find my photos here.

I was tired and ready for supper when I got back, but not nearly as tired as I thought I might be. In fact I bought some food for supper on the way home and cooked as well. Spring, season of new life is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment