Sunday 17 April 2011

Holy Week begins

Another outing to Tongwynlais and Taff's Well this morning, yet again under a clear blue sky, for a double dose of the full length Palm Sunday liturgy, plus brief homily. The congregations are delighted a new priest has been appointed already, to be in place by the end of August. He will serve part time as Director of Ministerial Training. Now that there are fewer clergy, many more incumbents are being appointed with a part-time additional role at a diocesan level. Let's hope this is beneficial both to Parishes and the wider church.

It's going to be strange not spending all of Holy Week in one Parish or worshipping community. It's always been something of a working retreat for me. The narrative affects me profoundly, makes me dig deep within myself, in the endeavour to know Christ and the power of his resurrection. Father Mark, Rector of our local Parish of Canton, has invited me to celebrate one of the eight o'clock Masses on Easter Day, and to preach at the main Mass at St Luke's. I'm really thrilled to have been asked (or should I say 'rescued' at the eleventh hour). I will relish the opportunity to preach the Resurrection Gospel to a congrergation I have often sat among and prayed with. It will give me something special to exercise my heart and mind upon this coming special week.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment