Tuesday 5 November 2013

Blue sky Guy Fawkes

I went down to the church office this morning at ten thirty to skype Clare as she was starting her day. I spent the remainder of daylight hours machine minding while the Chaplain's slow XP machine updated, with a new anti-virus package, and two dozen Windows updates. In between times, I visited Jim and Della, made a few phone calls, met the man running the twice weekly Bridge tournament in the hall. 

I also had a look around the barrio, taking in the Parish Church of Our Lady of Carmen and St Faith, the market and the long golden beach with pristine well-managed sand, and hardly anyone on it in the bright midday sun. The temperature was more than congenial for sunbathing, with a light breeze for perfection, but no takers on this archetypal winter herald day in UK. I bought something for supper but forgot to eat lunch, so I popped out to the little Finnish cafe next to the church for a cafe solo and a pancake around tea time.

At last I was in a position to upload photos taken so far and label them properly. You can find them here.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment