Monday 18 November 2013

Tarjeta dorada

The air temperature has dropped a degree or so again, and the wind when it blows is quite chilly. Although there was no rain to speak of in the night, some the distant inland peaks had a dusting of snow on them at daybreak. I did some CBS document preparation work sitting in the enclosed balcony of the bedroom, looking at the light changing on the mountains. Situated on the shady west side of the apartment it became too cool for comfort, even with a pullover on for the first time since my arrival, so I moved back to the sunny side to complete the task.

Once food shopping and lunch were out of the way, I drove to the church, and used the parking space at the back of the building, now that I've learned how to operate the gate by a remote control device. This is quite an improvement on hunting for a free parking space around the neighbourhood. I then walked into the town centre to the main train station and buy a tarjeta dorada the pensioners' discount rail card for five euros. 

No instructions for use were given with the card, and my attempt to use it at a ticket machine was a failure, so it's just as well I didn't actually want to go anywhere today. Anyway, Secretary Linda was in the office when I got back there, and she was most sympathetic as she'd had the same problem when she bought hers, and was soon able to explain what to do. I'm now set up for an excursion to Malaga, and who knows where else?

Clare and I talked on Skype. She told me all about Bill John's funeral at St John's. She'd managed to change her ticket to arrive in Cardiff in time for the service, and despite train delays she got there just in time, to find a packed church, presided over by Archbishop Barry and other clergy friends of Bill's. I'm sad that I couldn't be there with the community to share in this 'end of an era' occasion, but glad that Clare made it.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment