Tuesday 25 February 2014

Moving to La Cala

I spent most of Monday recovering from Sunday. The highlight was my late afternoon visit to Mogens Dahl the chiropracter, who gave me more insights to match his therapeutic intervention. I came away feeling just that bit looser and freer, but also aware that I'll gave to work more consciously on keeping my shoulders free of tension that cumulates un-noticed as a result of using computers and mobile phones. The ailment of this present age, not just my age!

Tuesday morning I packed all my belongings, washed and dried the bed linen and towels, cleaned up, then carefully lugged everything across to the car, parked some 350 metres away. I couldn't load it outside either of the apartment entrances because street furniture and parking regulations make it difficult, and I had no way to access the underground garage, or shall we say, insufficent vocabulary to ask. Anyway, diligently paying attention to carrying posture left me none the worse for wear. 

By two o'clock I was on my way to La Cala de Mijas to my temporary abode in Peter and Linda's granny flat. It overlooks a beautiful well tended gaden with a swimming pool. The house is located on a hillside that overlooks woodland. They have a lovely, friendly and quite obedient cocker spaniel called Eleanor, and I'll get to look after her for a couple of days when Peter and Linda are away.
A great place to spend a few days bird watching in between duties, until the chaplain's new residence is ready. The only remaining obstacle to moving in is an electricity supply. The company's bureaucracy is being slow and stupid about a detail change in the client account identity number, and there seems to be nothing that will shift them for the time being. Without power, a few minor jobs cannot be done, such as fitting taps. Everything else is in place.

Late afternoon I met Val who has just returned from a weekend in Rome witnessing her huband's cousin being elevated to the rank of Cardinal in the same ceremony as Mgr Vincent Nicholls got his red hat. They were the only two Europeans out of the batch of ninteen. How times change.

No comments:

Post a Comment