Thursday 13 February 2014

Tech support

A day in the office setting up auxiliary displays to show radio location maps on our monitoring system. It was a lot less straightforward than I'd expected, and I had to go out and buy a display adaptor to link up a newly purchased display. I had to abandon the set up of the kit in our day time base to go and work on the kit in our night time base, as I couldn't get the software configuration to work. I had more success with the second set up, and when I returned to base, found the system had stopped misbehaving and was working almost as intended. It seemed to have sorted itself out while unattended! It's all beyond me, but I had a great sense of achievement when it all worked.

Our BCRP counterpart from Barry and his colleague came over to see us and discuss local collaboration, as our areas overlap. It was very useful and constructive, promising well for the future, and the upheavals that'll come when local authorities mergy in a few years time.

Owain came around in the evening and the three of us went out for supper in the re-opened restaurant in Romilly Crescent, now badged as 'Arbennig', where we had a pleasant meal washed down with a bottle of Tierra de Castillon vino tinto, which we followed with a bottle of Faustin VII Rioja, cheese and chocolate when we got home. Good cheer on a night with music of driving rain and hail out there in the dark.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment