Tuesday 22 April 2014

Back to life

I got Owain to the airport by six, in good time for his flight, and was back in the house by six fifteen. It was still pitch dark, so I went back to bed for a few hours. It didn't seem to make much difference, however, as later in the day I kept nodding off, and had to surrender to a siesta after an afternoon visit to El Corte Ingles for a new battery for my Lumix DMS-LX5 camera. After a couple of months of non-use, sitting in my suitcase while I got used to my new Sony HX50, it was re-chargeable no longer. I've only had the camera ten months, but got it at a third of its list price because it had been a display model. I daresay the battery was worked very hard and not looked after properly in the year or so it was on show, so I'm not surprised really. A new battery cost €31.80 and after charging, the camera is as beautiful to use as it ever was.

Bill and Susanna came around for supper. I cooked a paella to honour the occasion. It's only my second effort using the largest frying pan the kitchen has to offer, something of a challenge catering for four. The state of the art cooker top with touch controls has only three hobs, one of which is too large for any of the existing cooking pots. Clearly it was designed with a big skillet or paella pan in mind. I must put this on the wish list for the house. It's one of the few things that's lacking in a marvellously equipped residence for a soon to be appointed chaplain (we hope). I'm due to return at the end of August to cover the time until the new priest is ready to move in and take over. At the moment there's no idea as to whether that's going to be a couple of weeks or months.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment