Friday 16 November 2018

Bleak worldview

This morning I went for a brief examination of my wound condition with one of the GP team, who seemed satisfied that it was in good order, but needed reminding to take note of and inspect the swellings which are the main subject of my discomfort and concern. I hope this has been entered in my medical record. 

When I returned, there was a letter from the GP I regard as my GP, stating that it would be made available for use if I were go down the private surgery route. Whether or not the new batch of antibiotics make any difference remains to be seen. In the meanwhile, I'm coping, and able to get out and about, with another long walk around Pontcanna Fields this afternoon. 

I caught up on Thursday's missed episode of 'Berlin Station' on More Four in the evening. None of the characters seems to have any sense of honour and decency, everybody lies, cheats and betrays everyone else. A bleak portrayal of existence in the post-modern era. How true to real life is it? How can anyone tell?
  

No comments:

Post a Comment