Sunday 7 April 2019

Post-op Sunday day three

We went to the Parish Eucharist at St Catherine's this morning. Given the uncertainty I felt about coping with the new wound, I decided to stand throughout with my back to a pillar of the nave. This worked out well, reminding me of having to stand while attending Mass at one of Málaga's churches in Passiontide last year. Memories of that Semana Santa are still vivid in my daydreaming without needing to look at the photos I took.

After the service, I went to St David's clinic for a dressing change. I was delighted to see that Tracey was duty nurse, as she's seen me at least once a week since last December. She wasn't alarmed at the dramatic new wound. She said this was nothing unexpected after the operation and reassured me that it would heal normally in coming weeks. So, it's more of the same. Thankfully, it's not painful, just a little tender to sit on directly. It means that I'll be blogging lying down with my Chromebook for a while to come.

This evening, as Clare wanted to watch 'Victoria' in the 9.00pm prime time ITV slot, I went to bed watched the second episode of BBC One's 'Line of Duty' on the Chromebook. It was full of surprises again, and like missions of other viewers I was left puzzling over which corrupt suspect was being fingered in final a tense interrogation scene. Great entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment