Monday 22 April 2019

Surprise park meeting

I was glad of a good night's sleep and leisurely start to the day. I went to a mid morning appointment at St David's for a dressing change, then after a post-lunch siesta we walked to Bute Park. While we were having a drink at the nursery end cafe, in came our friend Fran, accompanied by Mark Elton, a local musician we got to know through Rachel when she lived in Cardiff twelve years ago. Not only did he play violin on one of her recordings, but also led a scratch orchestra for a charity sing along 'Messiah' at St John's around the same time. It was a surprise to discover that they know each other.

We chatted for about half an hour, but then I had to take off in haste and walk over to Adamsdown to say Mass at St German's, to give Fr Phelim a small Easter break. It's the first time in a year since I was last able to visit, and wonderful that five of the regulars turned out to welcome me and worship together. I was given a lift back to Canton Cross by one of the regulars who lives in Penarth, which meant that I was back just as The Archers was finishing.

Another quiet evening resting, catching up on iPlayer. That was quite a long walk, and although I can manage 4-5 miles in a day, it does leave me tireder than I'm happy with, as if my energy level and general fitness is on a plateau and not improving. Perhaps it's inevitable  until that new wound really closes. There I go, ever the impatient patient.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment