Monday 1 April 2019

Not funny

Well, April Fool's day passed, and the only pranks I noticed were a photo on Twitter of euro bishop Robert posing by a small private jet, with a caption suggesting that it's his new diocesan re-about, plus a Media Wales news story about a zip wire to be erected above the old Severn Bridge offering a new tourist adventure thrill ride. Both implausible and lame. If there were others in the daily news I missed them.

Listening to the news coming from Parliament in Westminster, one could be excused for thinking this too was some kind of April Fool gag, but it's all become deadly serious as national anxiety levels escalate. There's no room for pranks as each party contends for its own position by rubbishing the suggestions of others. It's all become a matter of bitter confrontation not dialogue. If I say it's diabolical, that sums it up "An enemy hath done this", as the parable of the wheat and tares observes, talking about the father of lies about its business.

This morning, Clare went to the gym and I did the bulk of the week's grocery shopping, then cooked lunch. After a siesta, I walked to Blackweir and re-took some of the photos I didn't get yesterday. The bonus picture was of one of the Taff's resident herons keeping riverbank vigil on the other side about 60 meters away. My 15x DSLR zoom lens doesn't give such sharp results with a small subject compared with the 50x zoom of the HX300 at that range, even though the image sensor of the latter is nine times smaller. I simply didn't have the right camera with me. Never mind, there'll be another time, hopefully.

In the evening I completed watching the remaining episodes of 'Baptiste' in bed again, for comfort. Despite recent wound improvement, sitting upright for any length of time isn't comfortable, and not much on telly is worth the effort of so much fidgeting while persisting in viewing.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment