Sunday 2 February 2020

Candlemass

I celebrated and preached at St Paul's Grangetown this morning. When I returned home, Clare told me that Emma was presiding at the St Catherine's Eucharist, having resumed work after maternity leave. It's good that she's back in circulation, and will have several months of working with Frances before the parish welcomes a new Deacon for his training curacy. It's pleasing that ministry in the parish getting back up to strength. It means there'll be less for me to do, but that's fine by me, as I'm in Grangetown most Sundays at the moment and have the prospect of returning to Spain in March.

Apart from an afternoon walk, I spent much of the day again scanning old photos - a mix of pictures taken in Switzerland, and some in Barcelona when we went there to celebrate Anto's 40th birthday. I'm not writing much at the moment, the surge of inspiration has waned, perhaps because I enjoy the journey into our past lives through the photos I'm rediscovering. We were fortunate to visit or live in some lovely places during my full time working life, and this continues still, thankfully.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment