Monday 24 February 2020

More travel plans

I did the shopping and cooked lunch this morning while Clare went to the gym. Corns on my feet have been giving me trouble again, so I called into the Podiatrist to see about a booking and was told nothing was available this week. The receptionist took my phone number and promised to call if there was a cancellation, which she did after lunch, much to my delight.

I've started looking at Hostal accommodation prospects in Palma, and possibly a bed for the night near Bristol Airport (at twice the price), as my flight is so early. It's either that or get a taxi, at roughly the same cost, to forestall the risk of the airport coach not running. It's hard to decide. I'm concerned that I don't get over tired travelling. I arrive in Palma mid morning and won't be able to book in until three in the afternoon. Lugging a suitcase around lacking sleep isn't something I feel happy to put up with these days. I am vulnerable enough, and must minimise my vulnerability if I am to get my Spanish Police check done and be of any use to others when I go on duty.

Before the weekend I discovered that my blood pressure medication runs out several days short of my return from Ibiza, so I had to write to my GP and beg for more. The prescription was ready for me to collect this afternoon. Then I went into town and got it made up in the big Boots Pharmacy in Queen Street. A soft spoken pharmacist from Ulster asked if I could spare her the time for a quick interview abour medication use which I was happy to do

Then I visited the Santander main bank branch to give notification of my being in Spain from next week. I was told I can use my debit card there to draw cash and pay for things with a fee, and that's useful, provided the exchange rate is not too heavily loaded in the bank's favour. I have already seen on-line that there's a Santander bank in Palma town centre where I can pay the bill for the Police check. Branches close at two o'clcok, so I'll have to look lively when I arrive there. 

Clare also needed some silica gel crystals from Lakeland for the de-humidifier she bought for her jewellery work bench. The bag was larger than either of us expected and weighed a couple of kilos at least. She also asked me to get some non-bio laundry liquid, wherever I could. It took me a couple of tries before I found the right one, then it was time to go straight to the Podiatrist and lug the shopping with me. It's a relief to think that I will now be able to walk relatively pain free while I'm away.

No comments:

Post a Comment