Thursday 27 February 2020

Faith journey

I attended the Eucharist at St John's this morning, and said goodbye to Mother Frances and friends in the congregation there. All my duties are done except a service at St Paul's this Sunday, so now I have to get ready in detail for my journey to Ibiza. I went to the wound clinic and collected supplies of dressings to see me through most of the time ahead. The wound is easier to manage and this is evident in the decreasing amount of medical waste produced. Packing just one case is going to be an interesting exercise when I get around to it! 

I'm still a bit nervous about how I'll cope away from my comfort zone and the security of home, but this is the challenge of trusting faith is about. I keep thinking of the biblical sage which begins by stating the Abram was 99 years old when God called him to leave Harran and become an nomad in Canaan. 

It's been very windy with occasional strong downpours today, and chillingly cold, if sunny for my afternoon walk, even with my old thick ski jacket on. There's a lot more rain on the way and more flooding to come it seems.

The engaging 'New Amsterdam' medical drama series I've been following for months with 22 episodes, finishing tonight on a rather shocking tragic note. This suggested there's a second series in the pipeline. I check with IMDB and found there are another sixteen episodes to come and these are being aired now on a subscription channel, which means they will come over to More Four in the next six months or so. I look forward to that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment