Monday 9 March 2020

Productive Monday

I woke up an hour before dawn with moonlight streaming in through the window, as the moon was just above the horizon. It was an enchanting sight, which I don't recalled experiencing before. Then I started having ideas for next Sunday's sermon, and after breakfast got busy and wrote a first draft. Then I drove to Lidl's on the outskirts of St Antoni for some food shopping. It was very busy and I had to queue for ages to pay and leave.

After lunch I worked on preparations for tomorrow evening's Bible Study here at Can Bagot. I have no idea how many will come. At lunch yesterday I picked up the idea that outreach was a subject which needs exploring. The Acts of the Apostles has been suggested for study. There's far too much in it to over in half a dozen sessions, so the challenge will be to select suitable passages that have something to say, and resist other distractions.

I took a back road down to Cala des Torrents to find a shop where I could get the deodorant, which I forgot to buy this morning, but I couldn't find a single shop open. The place seems to be a ghost town out of season. Much of the evening was spent on the phone to Owain and to Clare. At home we have a leak upstairs caused by a faulty bath tap, that now needs replacing. Clare can cope with that, but I do feel a bit guilty about not being there with her because of this.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment